How can I make sure that I fry my products best?
10 golden rules of frying:
- Use a sufficient amount of oil when frying French fries or other prefried potato products. The ideal ratio is 10 units of oil to 1 unit of fries.
- Do not thaw the product before frying. Fry only frozen French fries; they absorb less oil during frying and will be crispier and more delicious when ready.
- Fry every portion of French fries only once. During re-frying French Fries absorb fat and lose crispiness.
- Follow the instructions about frying time stated on the packaging.
- Fry French Fries at a temperature of 175°C. While frying shake the basket a couple of times to fry all product evenly.
- In between frying times of several portions, do not turn off the deep fryer. Only lower temperature to 150°C.
- Change the oil in the deep fryer regularly.
- Do not fry French fries in oil that is used for frying other products. E.g. fish or hamburgers.
- At the end of the frying time, shake the oil from the basket.
- Serve French fries immediately after frying, preferably unsalted. Salt can be added according to taste.